Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

The big red blob

After a bout of flu and some hectic schedule, it's good to get a short break - intentional or unintentional...

It was an interesting junction of events today - My flight was hopelessly delayed due to weather and I was getting restless, and I was reading Getting things Done by David Allen, reading about productivity and in some sense, time management. In the middle of it all, I looked out the window and saw nature in its usual glory and a poem popped out of my head.

As I look out the plane's window,
I see The Big Red Blob...
Bathing the ground in its amber glow,
Reflecting off the rivers that flow,
Oh, how I wish that time would go slow.

I believe that a good poem is not one that has flowery words or sophisticated rhyme, but one that is a reflection of true feeling - and in the midst of all the 'wasted' time, I did wish that time would slow down for me to take in the scenery a little longer.

As I think a bit more (not a good thing for a poem), it feels better as a Haiku...

Plane on the runway
Waiting to depart
"Getting things done" in my hand
Waiting to be read
Sunset outside the window.

1 comment:

Vasu Ramanujam said...

Onnum puriyale. evvalavu peg adiche :-)?