Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blogging again!

Not that anyone cares, but it took me ages (as can be seen from my last post) to get back on track to start blogging again. I have lived through one of the biggest hurdles to blogging that one can go through - I am not doing anything interesting, so what exactly can I blog, and that too daily?!

It's a fairly easy state of mind to get into, especially if you are working constantly. I got a chance to take a breather and realized that I have quite a bit to blog actually. I read a lot, I surf a lot (and no, I don't spam-a-lot!). That's good fodder for the blog.

As a software consultant, I always end up getting another doubt. Consultants by profession, are supposed to get into the heart of the problem, understand it quickly, and provide a solution. In most cases, we have to pretend that we know all the answers to build customer's confidence and then, in the background, cram as much information as possible to be one-step ahead of the questioners. This poses a problem with blogging. Let's say I get into a new domain or technology. It's hard to blog in the process of learning for the fear of letting the customer, who may potentially stumble upon the blog, that I am learning. And once I am done learning, I move on to other things, and end up not blogging about what I learned. A kind of a catch-22 situation I guess.

Well, in any case, I have taken my keyboard up again and hope to put it to the page. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

No comments: