Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2009

Exception handling/safety mindmap

I have been following Jessica Hagy's Indexed for a while now. While some of the graphs may be a bit too esoteric for me, I am amazed at the way she converts fairly complex issues into simple graphs.
This, combined with my *conversation* about exceptions and threads I blogged about earlier, made me think. Why not attempt something similar, not with graphs, but small, manageable mind maps on core concepts that I can later use to refresh my memory?
I think mind maps, if used properly, are a great way to crunch knowledge into visual chunks that are easy to remember. After all, our brain is supposed to work this way, so why not remember it in a way it's easy for the brain?
So, here's my first attempt. This is about the concepts around exceptions.
Exception Handling Mindmap

2 comments:

Vasu Ramanujam said...

Hey, great to see you blogging again...

reg.,mindmaps, have you tried mindomo, a web based mindmapping s/w.

Also,use colors/icons to emphasize/accentuate your mindmaps.'

Best,
Vasu

Unknown said...

So far I have tried Freemind, Mindmap Manager, XMind, and CMap Tools. I am generally not a huge fan of 'web-based' storage (I know, it's the new wave - Google Docs and such). This one seems fairly close in functionality to XMind - anything better here (other than web-based storage)? I can see Google buying this shortly!